Can you use an inflatable paddle board in the ocean? This is the most burning question for the first time paddle boarder.
Inflatables are becoming more famous every year, and we see more of them out at sea.
Today, rivers and lakes remain the most famous bodies of water for people to enjoy this sport. Most likely, this is because they still wonder: Can you use an inflatable paddle board in the ocean? So keep reading this article; we are going to discuss a complete guide about this question.
Can you use an inflatable paddle board in the ocean?
Inflatable paddle boards are not suitable for the ocean; however, the ocean should be calm if you decide to use one. It would be best to find a calm spot where you can paddle along sheltered and hidden bays, especially if you’re a beginner.
Using an inflatable paddle board in the ocean is possible, but be careful of deep, vital water. It would help if you had a board that could handle the rough waters of the ocean when paddling.
Therefore, paddle boarding in the ocean is a lot of fun. As well as a soothing experience, it can also be an excellent exercise for the entire body.
Ocean Paddle Boarding
Ocean paddle boarding can sometimes be variable. Oceans can be calm, glassy, and drop-dead gorgeous in the morning but windy and choppy by afternoon. It would be helpful if you were always prepared when ocean paddle boarding because the weather can change unexpectedly.
Many factors need to be taken into consideration before you go ocean stand-up paddle boarding. Keep in mind that the ocean is prone to multiple swells, rough waters, and gusty winds. Remember the ocean’s tides, currents, and diverse marine life, too. Check the weather, tides and read SUP safety tips before ocean paddle boarding. Depending on where you live, you may also need to wear a wetsuit because the ocean can be cold year-round. And don’t forget your life jacket!
Bays are a great alternative to oceans for paddle boarding because they are more protected (making them calmer), and they don’t have waves breaking on the shore. There is no doubt that bays make paddle boarding easier. You can quickly locate bays near your local coast.
Safety Precautions For Paddling In The Ocean:
- Make sure you choose the right board for your first trip and the best time to paddle in the ocean.
- You should make sure that there isn’t a strong current, that there isn’t too much going on, and that there isn’t a chance of you getting in the way of surfers and swimmers.
- It’s not necessary to wear water shoes, but wearing a life vest and attaching a leash to your board is.
- It’s imperative to stand at the right end of the board and look at the horizon rather than down at the board.
- Keep an eye on the direction of the wind, so you don’t get swept away in the wrong direction.
- Also, ask for assistance if you need it. It’s better to be safe at all times than sorry at any time.